Veteran to BSN Pathway
The Veteran to Bachelor of Science in Nursing (VBSN) admissions pathway is available to students who are United States veterans and/or reservists. The VBSN admissions pathway allows for a thorough review of applicable academic credit and military training and experience.
In collaboration with the Health Resources and Services Administration (HRSA), Department of Defense (DoD), and Department of Veteran’s Affairs (VA), the VBSN pathway seeks to increase the enrollment, progression, and graduation of veterans in the Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN) and Accelerated BSN program at Roseman University’s campus near Las Vegas.
Veteran to BSN Pathway Overview
- Credit for military experiences to satisfy humanities and elective courses potentially shortening the timeframe in completing prerequisite coursework
- Opportunity to test out of identified nursing blocks based on military medical training and experience, providing valuable cost-savings in tuition
- Dedicated veteran support through an onsite advisor, success counselor and VBSN faculty and staff
- Innovative program options that support mastery proficiency learning utilizing a block curriculum format
- State-of-the-art program offerings and technology to advance the learning process
- Multiple start dates in July, October and February
VSBN Pathway Features
Offered through Roseman University’s 16-month ABSN program, the VBSN pathway:
- Seeks to reduce barriers to increase the success of veteran transitioning from the military to a nursing career.
- Provides a holistic approach in providing the necessary academic, professional and personal support throughout the nursing education journey at Roseman University.
- Assists VBSN students in seeking employment opportunities in high-demand nursing careers.
Get Started Today
If you are a veteran, reservist, or a former service member in the United States Military and are ready to get started on the path to becoming a nurse, contact us today to speak with your dedicated admissions advisor.