The ABSN Admissions Process
Roseman University strives to make the application process to the Accelerated Bachelor of Science in Nursing (ABSN) program as quick and efficient as possible.
To find out if you qualify, please review the ABSN program admissions requirements and prerequisites.
The Application Process
- To begin the application process, please contact a program advisor at 866.892.2928 or by completing a program inquiry form.
- After speaking with a program advisor about moving forward with the application process, you may submit your application through NursingCAS.
- An application fee of $85 is required to process an application. Payment of application fees may be made by:
- Submitting a money order made payable to Roseman University of Health Sciences along with the application.
- Contacting the Bursar’s Office to make a credit card payment.
Please note: The College of Nursing application fee is a separate fee and is in addition to the fees that will be charged by Nursing CAS. Applications will not be processed until an application fee is submitted.
The total application fee is $85, with $45 paid through NursingCAS and $40 paid directly to Roseman University. You must pay both fees to have your application processed. (Follow these instructions for how to pay the Roseman portion of the fee.)
Documents to Accompany Application
1. Unofficial Transcripts and/or Proof of Enrollment
It is recommended that unofficial transcripts are submitted with the application. Official transcripts from all institutions attended must be received before an interview can be scheduled.
The College of Nursing will accept applications with coursework in progress so long as documentation is received to verify that the courses are currently in progress. Acceptable documentation of in-progress courses includes:
- An official transcript,
- An unofficial transcript, or
- A copy of the registration and payment for those courses.
Failure to provide documentation of coursework in progress will cause a delay in the application review process.
2. Additional Documentation, if Applicable
Additional documentation must be received by the College of Nursing to further process your application. Applications will not be reviewed until applicable documentation is received. If an applicant:
- Has had a name change – submit name change documents (court order, marriage certificate, naturalization certificate)
- Is an international student – submit a copy of your International Student Visa
- Is a permanent resident – submit a copy of the front and back of your Permanent Resident Card
- Is in the U.S. on a conditional entrance other than a student Visa – submit a copy of your other Visa, unexpired Passport or Department of Homeland Security form which reflects a conditional entrance into the United States or change in U.S. Citizenship status.
Official Transcripts and Test Results
Please have the following official documents mailed directly to the College of Nursing by the appropriate and applicable institutions and organizations.
1. Official Transcripts from ALL Universities or Colleges attended
Please contact all institutions attended to request official transcripts.
The College of Nursing must receive official transcripts within one (1) month after an application has been submitted.
It is the student’s responsibility to provide the College of Nursing with updated transcripts as necessary to document the successful completion of additional prerequisite coursework.
Official transcripts must be:
- Sent directly from the institution attended. Transcripts received from or mailed by the student will be considered unofficial
- Dated within the last 12-months
- Received in their original sealed envelopes
2. Test of Essential Academic Skills (TEAS)
Results must be sent to the College of Nursing directly from ATI. Copies and hand-delivered documents will not be accepted as official. Test scores must be dated within the past 12 months.
If an applicant wishes to take the TEAS test at a Roseman University campus, the applicant should contact the College of Nursing Admissions and Enrollment Office or call 702-628-9062 to request an updated TEAS schedule.
- TEAS test results are required to determine eligibility for an interview.
- Minimum scores are determined on an annual basis according to the National Program Mean in each area as determined by ATI. Please contact a program advisor to determine the current minimum required scores.
- The TEAS exam may not be taken more than three (3) times in a calendar year and there must be no less than a four-week interval between TEAS exams.
- Version V of the TEAS is required.
3. Evaluation of Foreign Coursework, if attended a non-U.S. College or University
In order to have coursework from a non-U.S. college or university considered, the applicant must submit transcript evaluations from either World Education Services (WES) or Josef Silny and Associates (JSA) with the application. Evaluations must be received in an official sealed envelope from the evaluating service.
World Education Services (WES)
Bowling Green Station
P. O. Box 5087
New York, NY 10274-5087
Josef Silny & Associates (JSA)
7101 SW 102 Avenue
Miami, FL 33173
If you have an evaluation from another organization other than WES or JSA, please contact the Nursing Admissions and Enrollment Office to determine if the evaluation is acceptable.
4. Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL)
TOEFL results are required if the ABSN applicant has not completed a year-long series of English Composition courses (six semester credits) or at least four semesters at a regionally accredited college or university in the United States.
Applicants must achieve a score of at least 550 on the paper-based, 213 on the computer-based, and 79 on the internet-based Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) and must submit documentation of these scores with their applications. Please use the Roseman University of Health Sciences TOEFL code 446.3 when requesting this educational testing service. TOEFL scores must be mailed directly to the Roseman University of Health Sciences.
5. Official Credit-By-Examination Coursework
- Applicants must meet the minimum score requirements to receive credit.
- Credit-by-examination coursework for science courses are not accepted.
- If minimum scores are met, a grade of “C” and three (3) credits are awarded.
- Credit-by-examination programs other than College Level Examination Program (CLEP) or Advanced Placement (AP) program may be accepted. The College of Nursing will review other credit-by-examination programs on a case by case basis.
Please contact the Nursing Admissions and Enrollment Office on additional information on acceptable credit-by-examination coursework.
For the Las Vegas ABSN program, please have all official documentation mailed to:
ROSEMAN-College of Nursing
Admissions & Enrollment Office
11 Sunset Way
Henderson, NV 89014
For the Salt Lake City ABSN program, official documentation should be mailed to:
ROSEMAN-College of Nursing
Admissions and Enrollment Office
10920 River Front Parkway
South Jordan, Utah 84095
If you have questions about the admissions process, please contact your admissions advisor.