Veteran to BSN Pathway
Our university is one of the first higher learning institutions to offer a special admissions process for former U.S. Armed Forces personnel. Available at both our campuses, the Veteran to BSN pathway (VBSN) provides military service members or reservists with a supportive and resourceful education environment, from admissions to graduation.
Unlike most nursing schools, our Accelerated BSN program in Utah and Nevada accepts military credit transfers. We closely review your military experience to make sure you receive credit where credit is due. We look to see if you satisfy any of the ABSN prerequisite requirements that involve humanities or electives.
Veterans with a military healthcare specialist rating or comparable role may have the opportunity to earn college credit by testing out select blocks of curricula (credit by examination) such as nursing health assessment, nursing fundamentals, and nursing pharmacology.
Former military personnel receive a high level of support through the Veteran to BSN pathway, which comes in the form of dedicated admissions advisors and faculty mentors. You can expect:
- A VBSN advisor who will assist you during the pre-enrollment process
- A dedicated faculty mentor (also a former veteran) who will support you during the program
- A designated student services assistant who will guide you toward helpful resources
- A VBSN project director who will provide stewardship of your goal to become a nurse
To be eligible for the VBSN admissions pathway, you must:
- Be a former military service member or reservist
- Have a general or honorable military discharge
- Present official documentation of your military service
- Meet the ABSN program admissions requirements
- Enroll in our Nevada-based ABSN program
Contact us to learn more about our Veteran to BSN pathway in Nevada for former military personnel.