VBSN Admissions Pathway
Limited to the Nevada campus, our VBSN admissions pathway helps streamline a veteran’s transition into nursing. In fact, we are one of the few universities to offer former military personnel unique entry into an accelerated nursing program.
Through the pathway, veterans have the opportunity to receive credit for their military training. We look to see if their experiences satisfy any of the ABSN prerequisites. Those with a military healthcare specialist rating also have the opportunity to test out of certain ABSN program curricula.
To be eligible for the Veteran to BSN admissions pathway, you must:
- Be a former military service member or reservist with general/honorable discharge
- Complete a DD Form 214 to obtain and submit your official military service records
- Request and submit your official military transcripts
- Meet the ABSN program admissions requirements
- Enroll in our Nevada-based ABSN program
Our ABSN program admissions advisors are trained on how to support veterans who’ve decided to make the transition from a military to a nursing career. These advisors can determine what coursework and military experience are eligible for credit transfer as well as create a seamless application experience for qualified individuals. Veterans accepted into the ABSN program in Nevada also have access to an academic success coach and faculty who understand the importance of military training.
Contact us to learn more about the VBSN admissions pathway.