Accelerated 23-Month, full time MSN/FNP Program with 2 Cohorts Per Year (January and July)
The accelerated Master of Science in Nursing Family Nurse Practitioner (MSN/FNP) is designed specifically for nurses who hold a BSN and are ready to fill the growing need for highly skilled advanced practice registered nurses. The MSN/FNP focuses on comprehensive healthcare for families and family members across all ages, body systems and diseases and will prepare you to deliver a range of acute, chronic, and preventive healthcare services. In addition to diagnosing and treating illness, you will learn to perform advanced patient care with key job functions include delivering immunizations, screening, and diagnostic testing, prescribing appropriate medications as part of a treatment plan, as well as offering personalized counseling on maintaining a healthy lifestyle.
This accelerated 23-month full time asynchronous online program prepares students for the Advanced Practice Registered Nurse License (APRN). Roseman University of Health Sciences provides an education system that promotes high levels of achievement with a focus on mastery of content. A block curriculum allows students to study full time while maintaining a full-time job as a nurse and incorporates evidence-based research, theory, and practice with local clinical hours.* Graduates will be prepared to function at the fullest extent of the APN scope of practice. After completing the program, graduates will be fully equipped with the knowledge and skills needed to successfully pass a board certifying exam, leading to licensure to practice as a Family Nurse Practitioner.
MSN/FNP Application Requirements
- Receipt of completed admissions application, application fee, and official transcripts
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing from a nationally accredited college or University ( ACEN, CCNE or CNEA)
- Minimum GPA of 3.0 Cumulative in Nursing undergraduate coursework
- Undergraduate statistics course completion
- Unencumbered license or eligibility for RN licensure in the state where clinical hours will be completed
- One year of clinical experience as a RN preferred
- Resume or current CV
- TOEFL scores and Foreign Transcripts from WES or Josef Silny and Associates (If applicable)
- Write a 1000-word essay that reflects your view of the role of a nurse practitioner and presents a clinical or nursing practice problem. Examine how the problem affects the client and/or nursing and propose an intervention.
- Two letters of recommendation from academic and/or other professionals
- Official transcripts from every accredited US college or university attended
Please see the Courses & Curriculum page for a more in-depth overview of each course.
- Professional Role Development in Advanced Practice Nursing
- Family Practice Management & Healthcare Policy
- Advanced Health Assessment
- Advanced Pathophysiology
- Advanced Pharmacotherapeutics
- Nursing Research& Evidence-based Practice
- Didactic & Clinical coursework in Adult-Gerontology, Women’s Health, Pediatrics & Family Care
*Clinical locations must have prior approval
Contact us to learn more about how Roseman can help you advance your nursing career.